The Water Governance Research Initiative is a theme of the NCCARF Water Resources and Freshwater Biodiversity Adaptation Research Network. Our objectives are to create a community of conversation about water governance in Australia, build collaborative research links, create opportunities for co-researching and information sharing, and provide opportunities for early-career researchers to participate in a national network of researchers and research-users.
The outcomes of the Water Governance Research Initiative to date are available below:
- Briefing Paper 1 (pdf, 172 kb) – Strengthening Water Governance in Australia
- Briefing Paper 2 (pdf, 197 kb) – Water Governance Research Priorities
- Briefing Paper 3 (pdf, 197 kb) – Perspectives on Water Governance Research
- Workshop presentations, November 21-22, 2011 (login required)
- Special issue of Water Resources Management: Water governance in a climate change world
There is also a wealth of resources provided on the home page for this project, so please take some time to have a read and learn more about water governance in Australia.
Phillip Wallis, Monash University